Primary Proposal - Should the HOPR DAO contribute to a Hats vault?

Should the HOPR DAO contribute to a Hats bug bounty vault to secure the HOPR staking program?

The HOPR Association will be contributing 1m HOPR tokens to a new Hats vault. We’re inviting the DAO to join us in securing one of our most important smart contracts. If things go well, the vault can be expanded in the future to cover evolutions to our staking program and other HOPR smart contracts, such as the payment channel contract.

45 Likes

Quick and dirty answer – YES!

Question:
The vault would not only be usable in the context of securing staking season 6 right? So it could also be used for different contexts in the future?

6 Likes

I think HOPR could have a bright future ahead with the hats.finance.
By incentivizing an open hacking market that scales with web3 growing ecosystem HOPR Dao will grow and our protocol will be more secured.
I support this proposal!

5 Likes

We’ll discuss more in the Twitter Space later today, but this is really just a trial run for:

• More important contracts which are being audited later in the year
  • Evolutions to the staking contract, which we discussed in the Twitter Space on staking last week

I’m not sure if it’s better to a have a single vault for multiple contracts or separate them out. I suspect the former, but will let the Hats guys explain more later.

7 Likes

Ah okay, maybe the aspect of the evolution of the staking contract should be stressed more, so that the whole initiative really has a longterm purpose.

Because here

it is only stated ‘season 6’.

And then an assumed amout of e.g. 2 Million $HOPR would feel quite a lot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Keep it simple:

Yes!

3 Likes

No denying, I just wondered why a one-season-staking contract requires a SAFU fund of 120k$ :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hey team, Ofir from Hats finance.
Thanks for the support, looking forward to meeting you all soon.

3 Likes

Thanks. I expanded the description a little.

3 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

yes of course

2 Likes

yes i support this

2 Likes

yes we can

1 Like

1M is fair. I guess that the team doesn’t know, at this point, how many vulnerabilities there are. So to begin with, I think its fine. Cheers

2 Likes

I support this

2 Likes

Sure thing to support

1 Like

yes. may be good for hopr

2 Likes

Yes, I support the proposal.

2 Likes

I think its a great idea to contribute to a hats vault. Looks like hats finance ranks pretty high in defi safety. After doing some research it seems the goal for hats finance aligns with hopr.

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like