PROPOSAL: The HOPR Community should invest into a HOPR product company

Dunno. Depends on how the community will grow.

This investment is kicking of further investments by VCs that target the development of commercial products on top of the HOPR network. We expect to have the first paying customers for RPCh that we’re currently fully committed to get off the ground in the next few months. Taking DAI out of the pool in a price neutral fashion requires to also take HOPR out. Those HOPR present a nice underlying value for the Holding to sweeten the deal for investors who cannot directly invest into the HOPR token but like to participate indirectly in an upside in the token. As such the HOPR token are a long term value of the holding and not planned to be distributed as team incentives or alike.

2 Likes

Yes absolutely, also it’s extremely unlikely that we’d ever agree to such a deal in the first place. But yes, no VC will have majority shares.

3 Likes

I am very sorry for my delay in participating, but the proposal caught me in the middle of a trip with my family. Seeing the contributions of all my colleagues, I have little more to contribute, all of you have collaborated in an ingenious way with great questions. At a business level, it certainly seems to me the next step for Hopr, the infra is created and is solid. This project is made up of a large group of staunch believers, very far to what may be the image of the moon boy. That is why I think we can focus on the creation of products and since you say you can use money that is stopped, it is a great idea to promote the development of tools on Hopr

2 Likes

Great intervention Seb, personally , you have all my support

1 Like

I figured as much but doesn’t hurt to ask. :) Will the community have an opportunity to review/approve/reject incoming investors? Could someone from the USA invest?

good idea. let’s do it