PROPOSAL: The HOPR Community should invest into a HOPR product company

I don’t want to get too deep into the governance changes on this thread (but please feel free to discuss here), but I would like to clarify that the new setup will involve the community more, not less. With more interacting with HOPR governance, token holders will be involved in more decisions in different ways.

With regards your last question, the Community Trust will ONLY respond to decisions made by token holders.

As the moderator, I don’t want to get involved in the pros and cons of the investment decisions, but I am happy to comment on the governance upgrades, as I’m spearheading the redesign there.

4 Likes

Just to clarify a little: this would be the last (or penultimate) of our experiments, but for regular community members the upgraded governance will feel very similar to the existing process, so it’s certainly not the end of our discussions: quite the opposite!

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for the proposal. Please allow me to ask some questions:
What kind of legal reasons? This is very important to understand the prosoal.
Who is behind the HOPR rise holding AG? Still the team?

2 Likes

What kind of impact could involving the entire HOPR community in the investment process have on the development of the HOPR network and innovation in HOPR-based products, such as RPCh? :thinking:

2 Likes

Ill second the comments in this post,I think I maybe have less undrestanding of the business side of things than many here (i just like running nodes as a hobby) but everything Ragws13 said makes some sense to me

1 Like

Plus on a very basic level, having liquididty sitting doing nothing when it could be used to promote the protocol l just seems to make sense especially when it is a sensible ammount of the liquidity that is being proposed to be used

2 Likes

Greetings everyone,

First of all, wow … Really surprising proposal!
I mean, I was expecting a discussion about the liquidity but this goes beyond. That explains as well the 5 days of debates.

Moving to the main points.
Yes, we have a liquidity issues. You’ve pointed out all of them.
So, we definitely have to do something about it.
The agreement it self sounds really promising, we as holders are betting on the project itself and the success of it. So instead of having all those funds doing nothing, we can invest them in the project itself. As a DAO, we will be moving forward to a very new form of governance. Looks exciting!
The team and Sebastian have my full support. So far, they’ve done an amazing job and I’m sure they have the project in their best interests too.

2 Likes

Proposal itself looks very strange and i was not sure about my ‘Yes’, but after reading some arguments from Sebastian and searching for ‘pros and cons’ i am ready to support this movement. I am with HOPR from the early testnets and what i want to say - right now is the most important time for HOPR after huge token sale success.

HOPR community needs to remember - we are here not to get some amount of tokens every two weeks for a years. All of us are interested in HOPR success as a company.

And my question is: how HOPR Community Trust will be managed by HOPR token holders?

3 Likes
  1. How can the HOPR community ensure that the investments made by the HOPR rise holding company align with the long-term vision and goals of the HOPR ecosystem?

2. What measures can be taken to effectively manage liquidity while ensuring that the HOPR token remains stable and resistant to price manipulation?

3. How can HOPR token holders actively participate in the governance process and contribute to the decision-making related to the HOPR rise holding company’s investments?

4. Are there any alternative methods for utilizing the unused funds in the HOPR ecosystem that should be considered alongside or in addition to the proposed investment strategy?

5. How can the HOPR community ensure transparency, accountability, and trust throughout the governance process, especially when dealing with complex legal entities such as the HOPR rise holding company and the HOPR Community Trust?

6. What kind of support or resources will be provided to the HOPR community to help them better understand and navigate the new governance system and the legal complexities involved in dealing with multiple entities?

7. How will the success of investments made by the HOPR rise holding company be measured, and what mechanisms will be in place for the HOPR community to evaluate and assess the performance of these investments?

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing your proposal. good idea

Interesting Proposal. I am going to need to do a bit more reading in the HOPR Rising AG company and, get some more insight on what the plans and strategies are to “fund the development of the HOPR ecosystem” in a more specific context.

Do you have any estimation on how extracting funds from the HOPR-DAI pool would impact the price slippage for swaps. (I ask since a few weeks back I was attempting to buying some hopr and it had around a 7% price impact/slippage. Though I know the Balancer pools should be coming soon.

Also on another note reading through the Liquidity Management section, have you considered onboarding a firm like Karpatkey to manage some of the unused capital? I know they do a pretty awesome job with Gnosis, ENS and Balancer.

Thanks for your time!

2 Likes

The offer is very tempting, like any offer., improving the HOPR ecosystem and increasing the size of the dividends of HOPR holders. But is it really important to separate the company providing ecosystem development from the HOPR Association?
I.e. it is not entirely clear how exactly HOPR rise holding AG will improve liquidity management, ecosystem development, increase dividends, and provide other improvements. All this can be successfully handled by specific managers within the HOPR Association. Or is it for some legal or other reasons it is necessary to allocate a separate structure for these purposes?

6 Likes

There will be more investment rounds? What are we investing in? Who is allowed to invest (only the HOPR DAO or everyone?)

2 Likes

logical

I decided to get the opinion of ChatGPT by asking him the following question: Should the HOPR Community invest into a HOPR product company?

ChatGPT generally agreed, but pointed out some risks:

“Yes, it could be a good idea for the HOPR community to invest in a HOPR product company. This would allow the community to actively participate in the success of the company, while also benefiting from potential profits. Investing in a company would allow for more capital to be raised, which could be used for research and development, marketing, and other expenses related to growing the business.However, it’s important to note that investing in a company comes with risks. The company may not be successful and investors could lose their investment. It’s important to thoroughly research the company before investing and consider diversifying one’s portfolio to minimize risk.Additionally, the HOPR community could also consider providing support and resources to HOPR product companies in a non-financial way, such as through mentorship and collaboration. This could help foster a supportive and collaborative ecosystem for HOPR products and services”.

2 Likes

is the holding also registered in Switzerland or offshore?

1 Like

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the next discussions! I welcome any initiatives that contribute to the development of Hopr initiatives.
I would like to get more details about HOPR Rising Holding AG, as well as about the future investment round, which is planned to raise additional funds.
Do I understand correctly that an IPO is planned? Are there legal risks for the company associated with this, including risks from regulators?

Good evening!
Sounds very exciting and potentially significant growth for the Hopr Association.
But I see risks that it is planned to withdraw significant liquidity from decentralized platforms, how this will further affect the price of hopr…
Due to my conservatism, it seems to me that these proposals may be somewhat premature until the network is fully launched and the network is switched from mHOPR to wxHOPR.

sounds great! not sure about the exact impact on the pool, though…

Excellent