Proposal - KISS - 75% Uniswap V3, 25% Honeyswap

I am good with the suggested changes as well. From what I have used BSC for the gas is much cheaper.

I think in uniswap and sushiswap we only need one of them.From I see,many tokens’ liquidity is only big on one of them.I agree 25% 25% pancake + honeyswap.

Hi everyone. I tried to structurize the approach and make it simpler and less chaotic. I used most popular options to create a polls. Check it out and vote: Discussion Stage: 1st Substage (Selecting DEXs and Networks)
You can also edit Google Doc (see info in the topic) and add other chain/DEX in the poll (if it meets strong criteria) - just post your request in the replies.

Thanks @t0b, regarding uniswap v3 you need to specify how the liquidity would be added to Uni v3. You need to set a fee tier, and a price range (or this can be left unlimited). More information can be found here: Uni V3 Validity requirements

Hi @Andrew, thanks. I’m aware some information is missing. I’ll remove the WIP in the title once I’m done. I hope that approach is OK?

Update 2 : @monadnoc @bigalex90 @nquelhas @Rod7 @jhettinger79 @bigalex90 @Lastfor. My current thinking is DAI/Hopr for Uni V3 (0.3% fees and unlimited price range), wxDAI/xHOPR for Honey. The simplest for Pancake would be also DAI/Hopr and connecting everything with the OmniBridge but I still have doubts about Pancakeswap. I don’t see any DAI-Pairs there. You have some thoughts?

3 Likes

I think BUSD is used in pancakeswap.
personally id rather see a ETH/Hopr pool on pancake than adding liquidity with that particular stablecoin

hy @t0b I do like this approach thanks for refining it.
My only question is around pancake DAI pairs, since I am not very familiar with it or iwth omnibridge. I did find a DAI-wBNB pair however
Is it omnibridge being used and scalable? any transacations fees for this bridge that will probably hurt the global usage and awareness from pancake?

Yes, BNB and BUSD are more common there for obvious reasons. But I still find it hard to gather solid data regarding BSC and pancake. Pancakeswap Info is totally out of sync and information on 3rd party sides sometimes inconsistent. I’m still looking into it. I’ll keep your ETH idea in mind. Thanks. KISS would be just keeping DAI everywhere. But of course having a pair with another (stable)coin is also some sort of risk mitigation.

1 Like

Sure, thanks. I see this thread more as my “open source” opinion making. Maybe it’ll result in a proposal which already exists but then I can vote it with confidence ;) I appreciate all your input.

Regarding OmniBridge (https://omni.xdaichain.com/bridge). I used it several times between mainnet and xDai. Worked flawless and there are already good guides by the Hopr team for example. Fees on mainnet are of course painful but close to non existent on xDai. So if you for example bridge from xDai to mainnet you need xDai to initiate the bridging and ETH to claim on the other side. The cool thing is that OmniBridge also supports BSC. So my current understanding is that you can use OmniBridge for all DEXs in this proposal.

Once the farming ended and cover traffic has been launched I expect the smartest thing to to with your Hopr tokens is to use them for what they are intented - to use them in a Hopr node and to make the Hopr network grow (which will still be the best marketing in the long run imho). So one criteria for my DEX selection was that there need to be an easy, affordable way to get tokens bought on a DEX to xDai where the network is currently running. So if I’m not mistaken you could buy Hopr tokens on Pancake and then bridge them to xDai via the OmniBridge. You would need some BNB to initiate the bridging and some xDai to claim but you would avoid high mainnet fees. Anyone agrees or disagrees?

There’s a cool picture by @jose.aguinaga here Jungfrau Release — All You Need to Know | by Jose Aguinaga | HOPR | Medium which shows the current tokens and bridges:

BSC would be attached here with the OmniBridge to xDai from my understanding.

2 Likes

BUSD must be in use on the BSC network. Consider BUSD-HOPR?

Yes, BUSD is widely used on Pancakeswap for obvious reasons. I’m thinking about DAI, BUSD or BNB. BUSD and BNB require an additional step because some of the DAI currently locked in UNI V2 have to be swapped to BUSD or BNB first.

Of course, there will be costs, even with a simple transfer of DAI and HOPR to another network.

You can use only stablecoins, for example, use USDT in between, or even make a transfer through some CEX with more favorable rates.

The task does not require you to describe how exactly to carry out the translation or conversion.

Yeah, sure. Fees aren’t avoidable. Even if the proposal will be marked as valid without describing the exact swaps and routes I still want to have at least an understanding how my proposal can be implemented and don’t want it to be overly complicated. I doubt using a CEX would be an option.

Hey, yes that would work.

Copy of the Original to keep a history linkable:

This isn’t a valid proposal yet. There are a lot of detail questions unanswered (pairs, configuration, …) but I suggest crossing these bridges when we get there.

For now, I want to keep it simple and propose the following split and would like to know your opinion. If some of you think it is a good idea, we can work it into a full proposal.

• 25% Uniswap V3 on mainnet (because it is #1 in terms of number of users and volume currently - source Dune Analytics)
  • 25% Sushiswap on mainnet (because it is #2 in terms of number of users and volume currently - source Dune Analytics)
  • 25% Honeyswap on xDAI (because HOPR runs on xDAI currently)
  • 25% Pancakeswap on BSC (because even if I’m personally not a big fan I think it could boost HOPRs popularity and that’s more important than my personal preferences)

@Andrew @thewanderingeditor - this proposal is now final. Please let me know if you need further information.

The idea of bridging is really great until users get hit with the realization that everything they do will have a fee involved. As consumers we generally detest owning something then paying to move it somewhere else two more times.

It is also overly complicated that hopr ER777 token must be converted to ER677 to be transmuted into another ER777 token based on the pictorial.

@SCBuergel or someone knowledgeable on the subject, is there a better way to move Eth HOPR into wxHOPR using one movement execution?

We talked about OmniBridge yesterday regarding the bridge between xDAI and BSC. That’s still an option in my eyes if BSC (Pancakeswap for example) is included in the chosen proposal. I removed Pancakeswap from mine. So for this proposal it’ll stay with Hopr, xHopr and wxHopr and the OmniBridge between mainnet and xDai. If I remember correctly the medium article linked earlier describes in more detail why the 3 tokens exist right now.

Thanks @t0b. I’ve added this to the official proposal list here.

Anyone who would like to support this proposal, please sign it there by using the like (heart) function.