Anonymous voting

anonymous voting system could be built with the HOPR protocol abilities.
EDITED
Dear fellows
I have investigated this problem quite deeply.
And as I see we at first place have to implement very special non-tech conditions, which will ofc vary from case to case. And so there will be some light on the tech realizasion.
Some famous authors didn’t shed a light on those problems.
But I described my vision of the problem in comments.

2 Likes

I really like this idea but we would need a way to ensure the voter is just one human. We might need a way to authenticate identity for this without compromising privacy

Is there an existing open voting system which implements the voting part? Then that one could be extend using HOPR to ensure votes cannot be traced back.

my initial vision was like The voting participants must be bound to their certain addresses. So it can be implemented like voting inside big corporations, without making a huge meeting etc.

I’ve been thinking about it for a long time, especially in our country))) It would be cool to implement this application

Thanks for the suggestion, this would need a lot more information to be a valid proposal. If you’d like to expand it, please check out the validity requirements here.

Dear fellows
I have investigated this problem quite deeply and I can’t imagine how this is possible in our society to develop this idea.
But I want to draw them, bc we need to develop it anyway.

PROBLEMS:
uniqueness, privacy, resistance to coercion, encryption of the data, protection against forgery, DDOS and hacker resistance.

MUST-CONDITIONS
1)there should be no foci of excitement among voting units.
2)voting units must have some knowledge about election candidates (or about other subject of voting), and their opinions must entail on this knowledge.
3) there must be a direct isolate connection (or identification) between processing votes machine or persone (on final stage) and each participant

SOLUTION

1. participants must not be concerned about the results of the voting, nor anything else (barely possible). So they will be sane.
  2. need to conduct training programs so that voting participants have more data and opinions based on their own vision.
  3. it is necessary to “fit” a person to the format of an impersonal direct “voting unit”. And to provide this unit with proper voting conditions.
    And then apply all the voting rules within the network, operating with these “voting units”.
    If we want to develop ideal voting conditions - here it comes almost down to chipping! (i think we dont want this way)

So even despite some signs of hope in Etherium creator’s statement in his very thoughtful article: “…but it is an argument that blockchain voting software should be designed more carefully, and scaled up slowly and incrementally over time”, to take into account all these factors in one universal application (system) will not work.

Honestly saying I believe that there should be no presidents at all in a truly decentralized society. But id we have to make a decision we need to work with that particular situation.