Custom names/handles on the HOPR ecosystem

Custom names/handles on the HOPR ecosystem

Create unique name tags for anyone interacting with the HOPR ecosystem (custom_name.hopr). E.g. James.hopr, Mary.hopr

Advantages

• Ease of use and convenient. Replaces complex addresses
  • Custom addresses will be for sale therefore a source of revenue

Suggestions for improvement are very welcome.

THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED UNFORTUNATELY THE IDEA IS NOT VALID THIS TIME.

8 Likes

support!!!

1 Like

I think this would not fall under a new dapp but an feature to be added to the existing protocol. happy to be corrected If I’m wrong

3 Likes

Very interesting offer. As in the NEAR network.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am of the view that custom names will add value to the HOPR ecosystem.

这是类似ENS一样的域名Dapp?

略有相似之处。但出于隐私目的,您将永远拥有自定义名称,而不是一个处理交易的中央系统,区块链(HOPR)将负责验证和执行所有交易。

Slightly similar. But for privacy purposes you own the custom name forever and instead of a centralized system to handle transactions, the blockchain (HOPR) will be responsible for verifying and carrying out all transactions.

Thanks

support!!!

А я не поняла. А к чему будет привязываться имя? к гугл аккаунту? к кошельку?

Sounds interested. I agree with @MeowMeow23 that this suggestion isn’t a dApp, unless one wants to have the naming siloed away in some large multi-app dApp.

Most usefulness would probably come out of adding a naming system like that to the HOPR protocol itself. In that case the discussion should probably focus on creating a specification which can be used as a reference on Github later.

2 Likes

Noted. Thanks for your suggestion.

nice idea

It would be amazing if we can name our cover-traffic nodes in described way.

Sounds interesting. May you please elaborate on how this can be done? Thanks

Sounds good. It’s helpful for using address in several SNS♪

not bad idea

Very interesting suggestion!!

Thats a nice idea, but as any actions are based on the Dai address which is on an ETH address, i think it could make things a little more tricky for referencing back given we always have to use our address for staking / voting, etc and the danger is you will loose your way if changed to a name. Just a thought.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. May you please explain further what you mean by “…the danger is you will loose your way if changed to a name…?” Thanks again.