PROPOSAL: The HOPR Community should invest into a HOPR product company

Could you elaborate on the following point:
“Once this is done, no later than three months from this proposal passing, equity will be transferred from HOPR rise holding AG to HOPR Community Trust to be managed by HOPR token holders.”
How would we manage this? And how is this Community Trust organised?

I’m gonna vote yes!

2 Likes

good idea. let’s do it

1 Like

excellent!

Do not miss the voting guys! It has started!

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

Very interesting. Very.
The idea of community management is tempting, but it’s not entirely clear how it will be. I hope this idea works and the hopr ecosystem benefits from it.

very good idea

1 Like

Thank you for these amazing idea(s) and great outlook for all Hopr Hodlers & node runners… let’s all become VCs! :)

The proposal sound good and I support it fully but just to clarify for me, does rise holding AG already established company or will be founded for regulatory compliance reasons?

@rikzrh another thought: will this proposal for funding of Hopr Rise Holding AG have any immediate known effect on the community, such as tying the token into something that a couple cantankerous nations would consider as a “security”?.. which has led to Centralized Exchanges implementing gates on nation IP addresses and potential wallet blockades to associated node operators.

Ja such as adding hubris self checks, or having someone whose role is to always counter the good news with a tempering modifier. It’ll definitely be important for the organization to not become air-headed if things go overly well. The last price spike kicked up some moon mantra. It was nice but didn’t last long.

yes, I am also very worried because the market is not good

Dear @SpeedTickets.4Nodes there is no reason why this should affect the classification of our Token in any way, as the use of our token does not change. The purpose of the HOPR token is still to pay relay node runners for relaying traffic in the HOPR network

Dear @WegHopr the holding is currently in the process of being established. We expect this to be finalised in the next 10 days.

You mentioned that protocol revenue will be the core metric for commercial applications going forward. How will this be calculated and reported to the community, and how often? Will there be other key performance indicators (KPIs) used in addition to protocol revenue?

Dear @pl0tnick this will be publicly visible in the Token Terminal Dashboard: Token Terminal | Dashboard and for the first moment be our main KPI. Upon development we might add others, but it’s important to focus on the most important indicator, which is the usage of the protocol.

2 Likes

I totally agree. It is good idea for this time.

I am glad the team is so open about what they are planning on doing with the funds, and that they managed to find a method that works. I am a big contributor to a different project, that managed to rise 32 mil USD, they made DAO, and since than the project is almost dead, with only 1 active dev working on the project. Most investors already moved away from the project and realized the loss, sold all the founder tokes. Hoper, seams to be legitimate project that is trying to actually achieve something, other than initial money from investors.

Token holders will be able to instruct the Trust using an upgraded version of the current governance processes. Some high level information can be found here: Planned Updates to HOPR Governance