As HOPR protocol is to target privacy for Metadata the most logical dapp to build first would be an email provider. Majority of the individuals specially who are living in developing countries, currently use free email service providers as they are not in a situation to pay for such basic services. Big tech giants are currently using this to make money by harvesting these individuals’ data and I think its time to put a stop for this.
I see HOPR protocol as the answer to address this issue as there is a void (If I’m not mistaken) in web 3.0 with regards to providing an decentralize email solution which is quite a fundamental service.
This is how I envision a decentralized email service solution and happy to change any of the points below based on constructive feedback.
• The user interface for the email web/desktop app and mobile app (if possible) should act as a node in the background to run the HOPR protocol so that whoever is using the email at any given time would also be an active node.
• The email solution should use any upcoming decentralized storage protocols to store emails or use a centralized privacy-based cloud solution until a proper decentralized storage solution is available. Furthermore, HOPR could partner with a private email service provider such as proton mail to develop this solution.
• We should provide free a subscription with at least 2-3 emails per individual and have a paid subscription for anyone who needs more emails/alias and for organizations. The cost of providing a free email service should ideally be covered by being an active node.
• We should also develop a login like google login for web 3.0
• If possible, HOPR mail could also provide incentives like brave browser for using the email service in addition to running the node.
• This will drive significant adaptation of HOPR protocol across the globe which would also help general public to adopt the web 3.0 ecosystem.
• HOPR nodes across the globe would increase significantly.
• This would set the foundation for HOPR protocol to be one of the top crypto projects in the future.
• This type of project would provide a lot of insights for the HOPR developers to improve its protocol and to apply this for other applications.
• Conduct a feasibility study if this is possible.
• Obtain community feedback on the proposal and suggestions on features for the email service.
• Identify developers/resources and budget to invest on this dapp.