HOP 7: Zurich (47.4 N, 8.5 E) [SOLVED!]

Albert Einstein

i hope so

Asclepius

Long shot, but the letters start to fit!

Ben Barnes
sssssssssssss

Theodor Billroth

Asclepius is right, but sadly you were beaten to it. Very impressive from everyone. Would you like to explain what you mean by “but the letters start to fit?” I assume you’re on the right track with that.

Well done! Asclepius is correct. When things have calmed down a bit I’ll write the explanation, unless someone else would like to have a try.

Francis Crick & James Whatson)

Was on my way to it but not fast enough! But if I understood, words from the second list all contain “hop” in them, and when you remove this substring it leaves you a word which is off only by one letter to a corresponding word in the first list. For instance, Cain is 1, to which corresponds Chopin → Cin (after removing hop) so the letter 1 is Cain - Cin = a (and same with Stanhope / stance → c, carhop / carp and others I didn’t have time to find !)

2 Likes

Ah, well… it was fun!

It was a bit like a crossword puzzle in the first numbered (letters?) section, and the second part was similar but without the help of the letter count.

I took the Matching letters (I understood that as the clue…), and then the skeleton of the name started to appear and I made a leap of faith (aka, jump in the dark) from there!

EDIT: HAHA… It looks like it was the completely wrong way to get there!

Rolf Zinkernagel

hope so :smiley:

Yes, that’s exactly it. Well done to @esme for getting there so fast!

1 Like

Randall Jeffrey Platt

GOT IT

Really cool, gonna try to be faster for the next one :)

too difficult ) some guys are very smart

See you all in half an hour!

1 Like

hippocrates ))))))))))

Takaful - its my answer

answer is:
ASCLEPIAD

OR actually from the GOD:
ASCLEPIUS

or actually :
ASCLEPIAS !!
ahaha i must be close