HOP 8: Madrid (40.4 N, -12.7 E) [SOLVED!]

You leave Zürich none the wiser, although you feel you might have seem something important. Perhaps Madrid will furnish you with a Spanish clue?

Unsure where to start, it’s not long before you become entranced by the pristine tiled floor of Catedral de la Almudena. Naturally it reminds you of a puzzle:

Connections

Connect the two HOPR dots with an orange path that’s 1 square wide at all points. The path travels horizontally and vertically, but never doubles back to touch itself, and there is never a 2x2 orange square. (The path can double back to touch itself diagonally.)

Any square which is not on the orange path should be coloured blue. Each blue square is part of a region of EXACTLY five blue cells. (One is already given, other shapes can vary or be the same.) These regions can touch diagonally, but not horizontally or vertically - or they’d be larger than 5 squares!

The answer is the order of colours down the northwest to southeast diagonal. (So it starts OBB…)

(Many thanks to NB for lending this neat puzzle idea.)

3 Likes

it looks like there is now need to make a long path
So - OBBO

Are the order of colors all orange ?

GOT

2 Likes

Obbobbobbobbobb (end)
Right?

the answer should be OBBBBB

OBBB or OBBBB may be)

1 Like

B O O B B B B O O B B
i think it is correct

my answer is the following imgage

That would be OBBBBO maybe

OBBBB maybe? :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

Line:OBOBOB…
Column:OOBOOBOOB…

my answer is the following imgage

OBBOBOOBOOB if I draw well

Any square which is not orange is blue, and blues can only come in sets of 5. So you do have to make it long, or you break the blue rule

answer O B B O B B O B B O B

You’re not allowed any 2x2 (or bigger) orange regions.

I suppose the answer is 0 B B 0