- Balancer v2 liquidity pools provide significant gas efficiency
- Customizable HOPR/DAI ratio on Balancer can provide more ‘bullish’ LP (less IL on exposure to DAI)
- Default BAL LP mining rewards provide less need for HOPR for liquidity mining
- recommending 75%:25% HOPR:DAI balancer v2 pool (see below)
Balancer V2 frontend launched this last week (May 11), and it brings significant improvements to gas efficiency and potential MEV-resistance.
Balancer has a default LP mining program that will migrate to V2 pools. There is a new ‘BALLERS committee’ that we would need to petition for tiered BAL reward class for a HOPR/DAI pool . I’m thinking we would classify pretty easily at tier 3 ‘T3.’ Does anyone have strong ties to Balancer or the Balancer discord?
Proposing here a 75:25 HOPR/DAI pool … HOPR is already whitelisted for liquidity mining  with a cap of eligible liquidity to total value of up to $1 million (‘cap1’)
My reasoning for 75:25 is that due to a weighting factor against any non-50:50 pools , the resulting weight for BAL LP mining rewards for 75:25 is 75% of total liquidity versus 80:20 only gives 64% of total liquidity, so that extra 0.05 ratio gives a good bang for it’s buck
Breaking links below since they are disabled in the forum
- come to a consensus on HOPR/DAI weighting (please read citation  and comment below)
- petition BALLERS committee for BAL LP mining rewards