Monday Update

Hi everyone! Thanks for the great participation so far.

If you haven’t already, you can check out the list of valid proposals here: Proposals - HOPR Community Forum

Support proposals by signing them using the like (heart) function.

You can also see which proposals are currently incomplete by selecting the “proposal-incomplete” tag from the tags dropdown menu. If you see a proposal you like but which needs more input, please help to complete it.

The most common barrier to validity at the moment is not filling in all the necessary details for Uni v3. You can find the updated requirements here: Uni V3 Validity requirements

We’re trying to keep the number of formal processes to a minimum for this first round of experiments, but I very much appreciate community-driven attempts to bring a bit more structure to this complex discussion. If you haven’t seen it already, check out @octo44’s post here: Discussion Stage: 1st Substage (Selecting DEXs and Networks)

@SCBuergel is travelling today, but tomorrow we’ll be talking about some of the outstanding issues surrounding individual exchanges and proposals which feel on the edge of being valid (e.g., asking the HOPR Association to do particular things, making decisions contingent on external factors, putting liquidity into DeFi tools which are DEX adjacent but not DEXs per se, etc.)

I’ll update the validity requirement when we have some more clarity, and I think we’ll also make a post or two outlining the HOPR Association’s position on some issues. This has been requested by a few community members, and I think as long as it’s clearly marked as such it’s fine to post it here without unduly biasing the result. I hope it’s clear to everyone that we’re being very hands off about this process, and it’s perhaps overly masochistic for the team to stay out of the conversation entirely.

Particular thanks to everyone for making this so smooth and keeping everything on topic. I’ve only had to remove a bare handful of spam posts, which in crypto in 2021 feels like something of a miracle!

I have moved a few posts to the main Governance subforum, because while they were thoughtful and interesting, they weren’t really in the scope of this vote. But I’d encourage people to check them out and continue the conversation there.

3 Likes