Primary Proposal - Should the HOPR DAO contribute to a Hats vault?

Seems like a great idea!

2 Likes

I fully agree with this proposal, I believe that it should be done to increase the security of your funds

3 Likes

Of course - security firtst!

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

I support this proposal, but the amount of contribution is not too much?

2 Likes

It is extremely important to invest in managing cyber security risk, specially when we have folks like the Lazarus Group who works day and night to find vulnerabilities in blockchain protocols. Therefore in order to maintain security and to be a sustainable project, this would be good step. I support this initiative assuming the HTAS vault is a genuine project and the HOPR association has completed the relevant due diligence.

3 Likes

Generally - yes, but need to dive deeper in details

I support this initiative to make hopr more secure

The project “Hats” is an interesting idea, but this project is only at the start. I would like to know how it was chosen?

Were other options considered? For example, a hackerone or a more focused blockchain security auditor - hacken.

Have Hats and the people behind it been checked in any way, how much can they be trusted?

4 Likes

As HOPR’s ultimate goal is to become fully DAO, I totally agree to seek a decentralised manner to maintain the bug bounty, and Hats.finance is a great candidate for that.

What I don’t understand, though, is how the whole system works when some white hacker found a vulnerability in a smart contract.
I assume that such a white hacker can submit his/her finding in the platform, but then who will be evaluating the submission and decide how much the reward would be?

5 Likes

When we are partner. Could Hats give us some idea to improve Hopr security?

3 Likes

yes

1 Like

yes we need

1 Like

I agree, but we need clear disclosures about what the team is doing and how much money is spent on the Hats vault. Detecting bugs and handling it is very important and takes a lot of time and money, I think the team should deploy quickly.

2 Likes

i also support this suggestion, the most important thing is how much the bug bounty will be for 1 bug, about technology bugs of all projects is inevitable so bug finding is encouraged and remedy is necessary

2 Likes

In my opinion that amount will have to be for various errors, not just in the bet contract

1 Like

Yes, we need to keep this kind of activity going on a regular basis.

1 Like

I support this suggestion. I see every big and long-term project have bugs and need to fix its, so bug finding is encouraged and remedy is necessary.

2 Likes

The documentation says “We are also considering an additional incentive to the first 10-20 projects who will onboard the Hats protocol.” Will Hopr get any of these additional incentives? Will receive HAT tokens?

2 Likes

The documentation is written, but not fully deployed.
The members of the committee will evaluate the level of errors found. The committee will include those who make a deposit for a reward.
There will be 3 levels of committee, and if hopr makes a deposit of 50k+, he will fall into the maximum committee level, Tier 3

4 Likes