Primary Proposal - Should the HOPR DAO contribute to a Hats vault?

Yes, I support this proposal. This matter should be done as a long-term thing to strengthen the security of hopr.

2 Likes

This is a fairly high amount but it’s not clear:

• Why this should be directed towards a relatively new platform rather than most established solutions
  • Why the object of the proposal should be the staking v6 contract which is already deployed anyways

It seems like we are incentivizing somebody else’s project, with no direct benefit to the DAO.

6 Likes

considering how many projects have been hacked recently, security issues are more relevant than ever. In general, I am sure that DAO will support this initiative. we are all interested in the stability of hopr and the safety of funds.

1 Like

with the hacking problem that has occurred many times for Defi and even gaming projects last year, Hats bug bounty is definitely needed

1 Like

Does anyone has any arguments against this proposal? I don’t see any.

Which contract exactly will we ask Hats Finance to audit?

I never heard of Hats Finance before. Has it been already successfully used by other projects? I know of third-party companies such as Certik and such. Cool concept though.

1 Like

As DAO members, it is our responsibility to make fair and open minded decisions based on a proposals content. The burden is on the proposal’s author to convince the DAO to open its wallet. It feels like I am being asked to hire someone without looking at their resume/CV. Instead of saying “We’re inviting the DAO to join us…”, maybe the proposal should read “Here are the reasons why the DAO should add funding, here are some helpful links on how best to research hats.finance, and here are some examples of their previous work.”

11 Likes

The proposals seem to have majority support, so I will play devil’s advocate. Should the HOPR Association be responsible for delivering a working product and shoulder the cost of hardening it’s own code and smart contracts? Is the DAO being asked to fund protocol development here and was that part of the original intent?

5 Likes

i think it’s necessary

1 Like

Let’s talk about withdrawing HOPR from hats.finance.
If its value increases, should we withdraw it?
What if there are no exploits found in the next 12 months?
Can the DAO withdraw it for other reasons, and do we need a proposal?

1 Like

HOPR DAO joining HOPR Association for bug bounty seems reasonable.

1 Like

I think the HOPR DAO should contribute to the Hats vault. The current market conditions are favorable, and the expected returns on investment are substantial. Additionally, the Hats token has a strong track record of stability and growth, making it a smart choice for the HOPR DAO’s portfolio. Overall, contributing to the Hats vault is a wise decision that will maximize the HOPR DAO’s returns and secure its financial future.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea!

1 Like

Yes.

Seems like a no-brainer. Should pass easily

I hear you

Totally agree!

Does it make sense to make a bug bounty for the current staking contract? We don’t know if there will be a continuation of the staking program through a similar contract, and if so, it will probably be slightly modified and will require a new search for bugs.

And what are the bounty dates? Maybe this season will already be coming to an end by the time the bounty starts.

For me , 1M HOPR from Hopr Association is enought

I never saw a staking smart contracts hacked , is an easy sc

No product is without defects, we need to be prepared for every situation