Primary Proposal - Should the HOPR DAO contribute to a Hats vault?

I’m sure it will be useful for HOPR! Security is never superfluous! :+1:

Of course, you need to cooperate with this service. There will always be mistakes!

Evening All, like a few others in here its just a question without any real flesh or information on HATS, etc. Sadly due to the short timescale to review and work commitments I cant do a deep dive that should be completed first before saying Yes or No. security is very important so I fully understand the need for this facility but without time to properly review its hard to say Yes. Crypto is full of scammers, would need to do a full review and receipt of a presentation from HATS on what they offer, etc.

Thats a good question, as didnt even consider that it couldnt be withdrawn!!

1 Like

Agreed not enough time to research enough to make sure im happy to say yes

It is better to spend 1 million HOPR on an audit than to lose 100 million on a small bug in the code.

A famous ancient Roman saying

As an IT security enthusiast, I like “hats”. I think it would be great, I support it.

2 Likes

I definitely support this proposal.
It’s good that the team is worried in advance about the risks associated with possible hacking of smart contracts.

2 Likes

Yes, the project should attract new participants! This is the only way to continue development!

1 Like

It is better to pay white hat hackers to find possible errors in the code than to lose all funds!

2 Likes

To make an informed decision, I would like to get a little more information about which smart contracts Hopr uses and will use in the future during the development of the project. Have these smart contracts been audited by third-party specialized companies before?
In general, I certainly support any action aimed at increasing security.

2 Likes

Yes, ı support this.

I think we should definitely support the search for errors, especially since the detection program will expand and grow with HOPR. I’m in favor of the offer. And we can change the amount already according to the circumstances and our needs in the future.

Yes, makes sense.

yes

Hats Finance is a nice novel approach to rewarding discoverers of exploits. Some thoughts on Hats Finance if a contribution is made: how long will the tokens live with Hats, and does the DAO/Hopr retain the right to cancel the vault and recover the deposit? Or do the token live in perpetuity on Hats?
I like the idea but the framework is lacking.

3 Likes

Yes, 1M should be fine.

I support this proposal, security should be number one in privacy. I think 1 mil is a good number

It might make more sense to contribute more than 1 million HOPR tokens to the Hats bug bounty vault. With more at stake, security researchers are likely to take a closer look and put more effort into finding and fixing any potential vulnerabilities in the staking program. This could lead to a more comprehensive and thorough examination of the code, and a greater likelihood of discovering and addressing any security risks. Plus, it shows how important the security of the staking program is to the HOPR network as a whole. By increasing the amount contributed to the bug bounty, the HOPR Association can demonstrate its commitment to maintaining the stability and trust of the network.

1 Like

For sure im clear… YES!