PROPOSAL 11: Break down the fees earned into two segments

THIS PROPOSAL DID NOT RECEIVE SUFFICIENT SUPPORT TO REACH THE REFERENDUM PHASE AND HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE RUNNING. SIGNATURES ON THIS PROPOSAL WILL NO LONGER COUNT TOWARDS THE REFERENDUM OR DAO INCENTIVES.

[This proposal comes from @MeowMeow23. You can read and discuss the original proposal here: Proposal - Breakdown the fees earned into two segments

If you would like to support this proposal, sign it by clicking the heart (like) button under this post you’re reading now.]

What - Breakdown the fees into 2 segments where 60% of the DAI fees will distribute to the token holders as incentive for holding HOPR. Rest of the 40% should be reinvested to increase the current DAI/HOPR liquidity pools (Add more liquidity) . I would have proposed to include a certain percentage for additional HOPR initiatives such as adding new chains/dexs, however it seems the other topic might cover this component.

Why? This approach will advocate hodl behaviour as token holders know holding tokens means receiving dividends as time passes. For the HOPR project, this means increasing liquidity as time passes which is very important specially when large token holders decide to cash out after a period of time will not cause a liquidity issue. This also means, 20% of the total DAI will become HOPR tokens when adding liquidity. This mirror a certain buyback of HOPR tokens which will be healthy for the project on the long run.

How? identify tokens holders who have held their tokens (Including liquidity providers , stakers etc) for at least 4-5 months and distribute 60% of the fees to them. when identifying eligible token holders exclude the HOPR dao Liquidity pool when distributing the tokens. I do not see any point in providing incentive to the HOPR DAO liquidity pool, as we are using this pools earned fees to distribute it to other holders. Furthermore 40% of fees will anyway be added to the DAOs existing liquidity pool. I hope this makes sense

How much? I would recommend to use 100% of the dai for this proposal, however if there is any other suitable idea/concept, we could reduce the allocation for this proposal and this can be included in the next round of the DAO proposal based on the other suggestions that adds value for both HOPR and the community.

4 Likes