Proposal - Node Ecosystem Growth

thanks for the suggestion, definetly makes sense to add that to make sure hardware nodes are prioritized

1 Like

Please also check the existing proposal by HOPR Association for this, it’s in the HOPR Token category here: PROPOSAL 3: Grow the HOPR Hardware Node Network

2 Likes

thank you @SCBuergel I saw that one but I believe if that doesnt get chosen for hopr tokens distribution maybe this can get considered for DAI distribution

I agree with you. Marketing is really very important.

1 Like

What about self built nodes?

Hi @nquelhas, thanks for the proposal. I’m afraid I’ve marked it as invalid for now, because we’d need to see more details which meet the criteria explained in this post: http://forum.hoprnet.org/t/updated-proposals-making-proposals-validity-rules-and-template

I think this proposal could be made valid, it would just require some more details to be specified. Feel free to use the template in that post if it will help. @jayveq and I are also around to assist with any questions.

thanks, can I edit this one to make it valid or should I create a new one?

You can do either. In general I think it depends on how big the changes are.

If it would be such a large edit that the discussion in the thread would stop making sense, then I’d recommend a new post. Otherwise I say it’s best to edit and I can just adjust the tags when it becomes valid.

@thewanderingeditor , i’ve edited the proposal now. mostly just to follow the template so i think the comments still make sense to keep that’s why the edit

Can you please give it a double check? thanks!

interesting offer

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ve changed the tag from invalid to incomplete. I think it’s now clearer why this could benefit HOPR, but I’d still like to see more precise details on implementation and budget before marking it as valid.

There’s still a lot of days’ discussion remaining, so I’d suggest using that time in collaboration with other members to expand on the implementation and budget section, which is still largely undefined.

1 Like

Sound good to HOPR ecosystem.

1 Like

hi everyone! suggestions around what activities we could run for this partner program and also how to split the budget are more than welcome!

@nelchael great question. to be honest I am not aware if self built nodes will be a possibility and if the team has already discussed that or not.
Perhaps one of the mods can help here. FYI @thewanderingeditor

Self-built hardware nodes are something we’d be interested in but I don’t know a lot of the details here. I know there were some people (from the Russian community maybe?) who managed to get HOPR running on a Raspberry Pi.

For VPS, we’ve looked into trying to secure discounts and partnerships before, but many refuse to collaborate with crypto projects.

thanks @thewanderingeditor i’ve edited the proposal to mention self built nodes and also include a clear split on the funds

Thank you for the edit, @nquelhas, it’s almost valid! We’re missing just a little more distinction from your mentioned 80% between the pre-built Hardware nodes and the self built nodes. Which one would you prefer for this proposal and why? (It’s totally viable to include both options, but you should include how big of a part either goes into partnerships like AVADO and/or how big of a part should go to the acceleration of self build node development.)

@jayveq included now extra detail on that split with self build nodes. hope that’s clear enough. let me know what you think

Thanks for the edits @nquelhas. I’ve retagged this as valid and added it to the official list here: http://forum.hoprnet.org/t/proposal-15-node-ecosystem-growth/

Anyone who supports this post, please follow that link and click the heart (like) button under the post to sign it.

1 Like

thanks but why is it showing as unlisted?