Proposal: Register the Community Trust on the new Lexicon governance platform

We’ve been discussing the proposed processes for a HOPR Community Trust, but these processes need to be registered and managed somewhere. Currently governance is overseen by the HOPR Association, but going forward it makes sense to have some more separation between the two entities. We propose the creation of a third entity, called Lexicon, to host and manage the tools needed to process governance for both the Community Trust and the HOPR Association.

Proposal: Register the Community Trust on the Lexicon governance platform

Lexicon would be its own legal entity, creating an airgap between token holders and the entity receiving governance. We believe (and our legal advisors agree) that this is a powerful way to reduce liability for token holders and the community trust, and also to allow as many token holders as possible to participate without revealing their identities, regardless of their jurisdiction.

5 Likes

Is there a link to the platform to research what this is all about?

1 Like

Having read another proposal/ information blog on here (not sure thats the right term) I see that the LGP is still to be constructed, so when googling the LGP it doesn’t come up with any HOPR related platforms FYI.

…would apprectiate anything that creates “an airgap between token holders and the entity receiving governance” - sounds like a good idea to me!

I support the proposal, since in the current political situation in some countries the topic “participate without revealing their identities, regardless of their jurisdiction” is quite relevant.