PROPOSAL: The HOPR Community should invest into a HOPR product company

So far, all HOPR team has been very transparent about everything related to this matter and all the previous.
And this thread is another proof of it.
Thanks for sharing as many details as possible at this stage.
Just finished reading the Loan Agreement and I was thinking that since we have some more days ahead before voting, maybe we could do another Q&A session on Twitter?
I propose to do it a day before the voting, and just wrap all the main points and present them. I am sure that there are other members of the community that won’t be able to follow all the discussion here so I think it will be a good way to present it in a more “digestible” way?

3 Likes

I’m voting yes because I think we should support applications that use HOPR and also help HOPR generate sustainable revenue from the protocol.

It seems to be a useful arrangement for the development of the HOPR ecosystem. However, clarification or elaboration of some points, as others have written, may lead to a better understanding of the proposal. (HOPR rise holding AG?, Liquidity management +/-, etc.)

Although it looks like a deal with themselves. The team has been working for a long time, i hope the decision in favor of this proposal will be useful in promoting the protocol.

1 Like

Many thanks for the proposal and it was interesting to listen to todays live discussions. Its exciting to potentially become a VC for the first time, and being an owner of a business for 20 years understand the potential risks and rewards that this potential business can achieve given its originality and already having a market product.

As few questions which would be great to help get more clarification on the proposal.

1. When you discuss the pool details the Uniswap HOPR-DAI 0.3% pool isnt given a TVL, this would be useful to know against the other pools that are not being touched. I totally agree on too much liquidity stalling the token price, but at the same time we don’t want to go too low as then larger investers wont be interested as they will worry about being able to sell their tokens when they wish to.

2. Like all new businesses a Business Plan (BP) is the first step of any business before you even start. As I am sure you are aware, the BP researches competitors, discusses potential demand for a product(s), directors remuneration and bonus based targets, levels of debt required, overheads, profit margins, etc. If you could provide this even in short form that would be great to see the vision better.

3. Can you let us know what other products your considering developing and launching through the AG Company and timelines to assess the “Value of Time” metric.

4. Whilst not meaning to be rude (so please dont take offence as its not meant like that) but due to a lot of Crypto projects being sketchy how do we know / prevent any potential rug pull. We know you are respected, intelligent and have a good history of progress on HOPR it would be great to hear your thoughts on this one.

There are probably more questions but like a lot of others on here are excited to continue the journey and compound my investment in HOPR even more.

With regards to the proposal which is great by the way and very progressive, I am swaying to a Yes and look forward to hearing more very soon.

Cheers

Ian

3 Likes

very good idea. I Support this proposal. need some more detail though.

Most of the questions I had have been asked/answered.

All thats left is: how has this proposal not come from the hopr team/association?

It’s not a problem for me if it has, i just don’t understand where it did come from if not.

Generally the proposal sounds great to me, the more useful & real usecases we can have to show the wider crypto community the better!

Now is the time to invest, especially if it’s with funds that we don’t need to be elsewhere.

What’s the difference of involving a public VC?

I think it’s a way we should follow in order to develop HOPR!

1 Like

“HOPR rise holding AG” is essentially a division that will invest in products based on the HOPR protocol?
I do not understand why it is necessary to convert not a return into an asset, is it just a legal formality for the transfer of funds?

Alllllllrighty then.

So… @SCBuergel

• I’m in agreement with @satopin in post 40 or 41, being that the previous experiment has not ran its course as voted by the community. In essence the DAO is moot and technically always has been if there isn’t a clear cut vote to vacate the previous decision.

• What exactly are these convertibles or shares? Will community members be sent a new token or contract on blockchain if this proposal passes?

• Has there been any consideration as to the legal ramifications if the Hopr Rise Holding AG goes belly up for the mode which international investors will be able to make claims? This is in relation to the question immediately above referring to actions occurring on blockchain.

• Will members have to DOX themselves in future venues of participation to appease the legalese?

• 50% discount in investing… how will this be calculated. Running the first round at full price then opening a second round to vetted members with a mean or median price chopped by 50%? Will this be in real legal shares or a token?

• Having taken a slap from Celsius, has there been any thought how stakeholders will have a direct line of communication and can we get some sort of affirmation in the top slide of every agenda meeting and community discussion that “We as Hopr Rise Holding AG must not participate in questionable practices or so be tattoo’d across the lips with fraud and hyprocrit” clause? Maybe that’s too much, but at minimum a requirement to disclose if things are not going well or a bad decision has been made or likely to be made.

Excuse me if something I’ve asked is already answered, I skimmed over all the material and it is a lot to digest in one sitting.

3 Likes

Slapping a like on this post since we’ve not finished with Arakis or Hats. This makes me question what their fees will be if Hopr voids their contracts.

2 Likes

So for point # 1 from @roman , how does Hopr Rise plan to use the funds to commercialize products then? Such as marketing or are the funds earmarked to become the cash flow for dev payments?

1 Like

Dear @SpeedTickets.4Nodes thank you for your question.
In order to commercialize a product we need to first build it, test it, improve it and then market it, in order to find clients who will pay for it. Funds will be used to do all of this, for RPCh now in order to make the first alpha version much more stable and reliable, and afterwards in order to do marketing & outreach to crypto wallets.

2 Likes

I would suggest diving into HOPR DAO v0.3 experiment outcome. There were many interesting development ideas from the HOPR community to implement.

1 Like

Thanks for the questions. Will pass these on to the founders but there are some I can address from the governance side:

• There was a delay in setting up the Hats vault from the Association side. This has now been completed and the Association deposit processed. The DAO deposit will now follow. I’m slightly gazumping our own comm processes, but the Hats Tweet is here.

• The Arrakis trial started a few weeks ago, but there’s been a lot of other news which maybe buried it. We’ll be communicating more about it once things are calmer and we have some more data from the dashboard. Gamma we ran into some auditing questions which are still being worked out. There’s no risk of penalty fees, as moving forward was always contingent on Association approval.

• In designing the new governance system upgrades, my goal is to retain participant privacy as far as possible. The regulatory landscape is fast shifting and aggressive, so I can’t guarantee that this will be successful in every circumstance, but so far I’m optimistic. The new model of multiple CybOrgs around a central governance platform helps a lot here, because each CybOrg can choose its own privacy requirements and if token holders choose not to participate in one, it wouldn’t lock them out of the rest of governance.

2 Likes

This is extremely exciting and intriguing.
I support the idea.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks for coming back and answering all the questions @SCBuergel. The initial proposal lacked a lot of critical information but you’ve made a solid effort to clear the smoke. You have my vote :+1:

The holding is registered in Switzerland. The registration process is ongoing. We’ll share the business registry listing once its completed

The Hopr team works non-stop and their professionalism is evident, the token will have yet another use. Congratulations

1 Like