PROPOSAL: The HOPR Community should invest into a HOPR product company

It looks like it will be a nice development for Hopr. We’ll see that in time.

1 Like

Totally agree! Lets make HOPR great again!

Support

Hello! I fully support this proposal.

1 Like

I totally agree, we have our first product and we need to develop it widely, it’s a great idea to set up a company to administer the products, in fact a lot of companies have done similar things.

It is a well detailed proposal and defines all stages but you need to introduce yourself first and explain why and how the community should trust in you or the corpodate you represent.

1 Like

To sum up, we use part of our liquidity to invest in ourself. At a discounted rate. I mean, we just double down on HOPR :slight_smile:

1 Like

i support it
good idea

good idea sir. thank you

1 Like

@SCBuergel @thewanderingeditor

Can i have an update please on my questions as seemed to have slipped through the net so to speak with sooo many other questions. A great discussion though.

Ian

Thanks for bringing critical questions! Let me try to answer them one by one:

1. I don’t see why one would need to “vacate the previous position”. The Arrakis liquidity pool is up and running and will continue to be online and entirely unaffected by this proposal. In fact, Arrakis makes the pool that was already arguably too big even more efficient in providing liquidity. So it’s really perfectly fine to carry out this proposal while the first trial on Arrakis is still running.

2. Nobody will be sent anything, the shares are held in a Trust that we’re currently setting up and which will be entirely controlled by the community. This whole crypto legal construct is a very cool way to hold real world assets (in this case legal claims and shares) while still being controlled through on-chain token governance. That’s what Gabriel Shapiro calls a Cybernetic Organization. You can find full details in the Convertible agreement that I shared above.

3. The Trust is a shareholder with the same rights as all future investors. Since the percentage of shares that the Community Trust ends up with is pretty large, it is likely that it can for example overturn initiatives of future investors who will most certainly have a smaller stake.

4. Absolutely not! That’s the cool part of such a mechanism: The Trust follows decisions of the community via simple on-chain voting without any doxing. This is already happening e.g. for the Real World Assets decisions at MakerDAO. LegalPunk :)

5. Theres an MFN clause to ensure the community will always have best possible price. The conversion price will indeed happen with the first actual investment round. I’ll again refer you to the Convertible agreement for full details, specifically section 8.2:

Most Favoured Nation. Subject to permissibility under applicable laws, Borrower shall treat Lender no less favourable than any other prospective third-party investor in relation to the subscription of common shares of Borrower. If Borrower grants a more favourable subscription price to any prospective third-party investor for the subscription of common shares of Borrower, Lender shall automatically be entitled to the same more favorable price and to receive additional common shares, subject to the limitation set out in section 4.3. This provision does not limit Borrower in issuing common shares to employees, advisors, contractors, consultants or other related third parties for incentivization or as remuneration.

1. Good idea! If you have more specific ideas how we could integrate that into an agreement, I’d be happy to check that. As a shareholder, the Trust (and thereby everyone here) is getting at least the annual general assembly information.
11 Likes

ty for explanation. liked it

1 Like

agree

i share your idea :slight_smile:

Sounds interesting, I would try to promote this proposal.

1 Like

Are we sure our arrangements with lp managers will be effected as they don’t manage all of our liquidity on uniswap and the proposal doesn’t wish to remove all?

1 Like

very nice :star_struck:

1 Like

Why would the removeal of the excess liquidity cuase a price drop+

1 Like

thanks for the clarification

3 Likes

Bravo and thank you for the in depth response.

If the community can retain privacy and still fully participate then it has my lukewarm support. Something about this proposal make me uncomfortable though and I’m still thinking about what that is exactly…

3 Likes