Proposal: We do not need more than one DEX! Move all liquidity to Uniswap v3

(2) We have 2 blockchain now - ETH and xDai. How many people transfer their tokens to trade in Honeyswap? Totally no liquidity. And don’t forget - all test tokens were claimed in xDai network! And still there is no liquidity.
If you want separate trades - you can use spot exchange (it’s more comfortable).

(6) Maybe you are true. But I see team members discuss about this topic in telegram group and forum. For me - it waste of time :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

5 Likes

(2) I admit that you do have a point there. The xDAI HOPR pools are tiny despite many tokens having been distributed on xDAI.

Anyway, thanks for your ideas. I certainly do like the simplicity of it! Often simple is better. Let’s see what others think.

2 Likes

(2) Yes, it’s very important example. I added this point in my main message. Thank you for idea :)

5 Likes

Please, You can provide screenshots for the community with the amount of the commission for the transfer across the bridge.

We can calculate how much it will cost to switch to bcs over the bridge + add liquidity to the Bcs network and compare with Eth.

1 Like

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x7745191979a44a100f2b2f078e22cbe88d915c1aeee5e7bbf641b2bf6be9c058 - this is transaction of HOPR token swaping on OmniBridge from xDai network to ETH. Comission - 0.048814878 ETH = 185$.

If you want - you can now add your liquidity to Honeyswap. But no one use it to sell/buy, because all actions will finished with migration to ETH network to get original token with bridge comission.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve marked this as incomplete because I’d like to confirm what it is that you’re proposing. From reading your post, I think that you’re proposing to do nothing? I think that’s within scope, but you would still need to clarify what you intend to do for Uniswap. See here: Uni V3 Validity requirements

1 Like

3 Gate is a centralized exchange, it requires KYC to withdraw your funds and the withdrawal fee is really high.
6 I think reaching as many people as possible is very important for a decentralized network, this is not just a trading matter

2 Likes

We DO need more than 1 dex. Look at the trading volume on BSC, Avax,Solana and hype about Matic, Fantom, Elrond. Then forget about ETH. It’s not only matter of trading, but matter of awareness. Huge communities over there and it’s natural way to make them aware of Hopr.
Plus we definitely need liquidity on Xdai (as long as we run on that funny chain - which i’m totally against, but it’s what it is) to make buying Hopr for node runners as easy as possible. Xdai now has stable coin bridge to BSC and Matic, so it won’t be hard to transfer funds there

1 Like

we do not need uniswap is very expensive to buy it would be good other chain solana is good and cheap pancake is good and cheap

1 Like

Yes, you are right. I was added this text to my main message:

My current proposal:

1. No new DEX exchanges in other networks.
  2. After the HOPR Farm competitions ends, move all the Uniswap liquidity to Uniswap v3.

Is it ok?

Yes, you are right. They need KYC. But we have not only Gate. We have others SPOT exchanges too. And many users use SPOT exchanges and have KYC already. Please read my proposal carefully - my main idea, that you will not have “people traffic” to trading in other blockchains. We already have xDAI excahnge - how many people use that? 0.01%?
Look at the stats - HOPR price today, HOPR to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

How many new people you have reached in xDai network? :)

1 Like

This exchanges trade with their network native tokens. If HOPR, for example, will be BSC network token - no problem. But it is ETH network token. To migrate it to another blockchain we need to pay very big commission. This is not working solution. No one use it. xDai exchange is 100% real life example.

We do not have 100% garantie, that xDai will be the “production” network. Node stacking rules not be published yet. All can changes. After node stacking rules was published, we can return to this question. But not right now.

I think you don’t understand that HOPR is ETH network token. Not Solana token. Not BSC token. Please read my main topic carefully to understand technicalal issuie (how it’s expensive) with token migration for trading to another network.

If you are talking about your personal tokens - yes commission is rather big, but you don’t have to migrate it. Just choose your network, transfer stablecoins there with a fraction of penny and trade. If you are talking about DAO tokens from uniswap - it’s will cost less than 0.01% of pool to deploy proper smart contracts and migrate.

As for xDai, i would prefer other L2 or even L1 network, but as long as everything regarding nodes is already deployed there, i assume it will be xDai as production network. Anyway, to migrate the whole system to other network won’t cost too much, if it will be done through Dao

For normal trading we need users tokens too. Not only DAO tokens.

1 Like

If hoprnet were already running on the Ethereum network with low fees, that would be a good proposal. But no.

Hopr is ETH token. If you want native small comission - you must fully migrate token to another blockchain (recreate contract) or wait for ETH 2.0. Bridges to another blockchains and wrappers - is not good solution.

Yes, but the bridges are working.
I hope that HOPR will remain as the main token on the ETH network.
It feels like ETH 2.0 is coming soon, probably because i have been waiting for 5 years. Hoprnet will hopefully run on ETH 2.0.

1 Like

Yes. I hope too. But no one in real life use bridges to sell or buy ERC-20 tokens in other blockchais - it’s too expensive. So we don’t need DEXs in other networks.

1 Like

ne not the most practical exchanger only to the detriment. Yes, there are no rapid price movements, but because of high fees, many small investors do not participate in purchases. Short-term deals are not profitable either. Farming and the number of tools for token holders are very limited. 3-4 exchangers would be the perfect number with current liquidity, and then you need to encourage the community not to sell, but to buy from the market and block hopr in all sorts of steaking farms. To do this, you need more coverage of the audience and tools