Split proposal specifics: What split between projects?

This thread is for discussing the proportional amount of assets which should be allocated to each of Arrakis and Gamma to manage, assuming both are awarded a trial to manage the DAO’s liquidity.

In general people seem to think that the projects should be awarded a trial on a 50:50 basis, but other proportions have been suggested.

For more context, see these threads:

Discussion Phase Extension
Some Important Context

Things to consider might include:

• Risks
  • Rewards
  • Minimum amounts needed to be effective

This discussion is intended for people who think these amount should be greater than zero. If you don’t think either project should be chosen, you’ll have the opportunity to support this preference elsewhere.

In what ratio should assets be allocated to Arrakis and Gamma, respectively, in this experiment?
  • 20:80
  • 30:70
  • 40:60
  • 50:50
  • 60:40
  • 80:20

0 voters

3 Likes

I think an equal split makes the most sense. We need to be able to do an actual comparison of the results.

2 Likes

If we choose a short period and Arrakis charges 1% of the AUM regardless, i rushed with a 50:50 choice, it would probably be better to give Arrakis a smaller share.

I think an equal split makes the most sense. We need to be able to do an actual comparison of the results.

Revocalizing this: remove 60% liquidity from Uniswap since the DAO is considered flush, then split the remaining 40% liquidity equally between Arrakis and Gamma, we’ll get a much better idea of performance without impacting Hopr’s current running 24hr Uniswap trade volume of $8K USD.

50/50 split is good for trial period.
It will be also easier to compare and understand the outcome for further DAO desicions.