The Final HOP: Lacus Spei (43.0 N, 65.0 E) [SOLVED!]

congrats for the winner, can’t wait to hear explanation so i could finally get back to work ;)

1 Like

I spent the whole day looking for an answer, looking for clues, I was the closest, it’s a shame to lose like this, maybe there will be a consolation prize, yet I was the earlier

Hi! was reading through posts and I think that you clearly deserve a prize for your Moon answer. Was not an easy task and to come with an answer is a winer for sure. Also, as I understand, you were the first one who posted Moon answer that could provide a great hint for the next person who added coordinates to the Moon. Just my personal opinion :+1:

1 Like

Of course, I can’t say that the winner took advantage of my hint, but it’s very disappointing to be so close to success and get nothing in the end

@thewanderingeditor me too … i tracked all the changes on all the different puzzles … wrote down all the Sushis Usuals and Supers and Spacious etc. :smile: :smile:

tried to analyze what happened with the Sudoku puzzle and link all the flags of the countries …

noticed the changes in the Chess board and the missing piece.

and then it was 4 A.M. and had to wake up at 6 A.M for work :sweat_smile: :rofl:

anyways … we are one hop closer to the moon now :grin:

I’m sorry you’re disappointed, but “MOON” isn’t the correct answer: it’s 43 N, 65 E. The rules specifically said the answer had to be in the form of co-ordinates.

So you weren’t the closest because you didn’t even submit a valid entry. And even if we accept “Lacus Spei” as the answer, you still aren’t that close. If it had been somewhere in Italy, you wouldn’t reasonably expect me to accept the answer EARTH?

Ah it looks like you were getting there…

I’ll write up a full solution soon. Having a problem with my boiler at the moment, sadly, so I need to focus on that before we freeze. :cold_face:

I don’t know anything about your progress and of course I can understand your disappointment. But you have to be fair. There were a lot of puzzles and steps to go. So it’s quite obvious that the solution is a bit more advanced than “Moon”. And even if it was you still wouldn’t be the first (example: https://twitter.com/Nuttcr4ck3r/status/1364592717855088650?s=20).

1 Like

You’re right, I’m just upset.

Yeah, I feel you. But it was still fun.

I agree with you, sorry for the pressure, I just upset

Hey! Thanks for a great quiz! I submitted an answer Moon and the selenographic coordinates around 21:50 CET. That wasn’t a fully correct answer, but the rule was to submit before 0:00 CET and seems that the coreect answer came after that. My answer has probably given a hint to someone else, so I would really appreciate if you considered my answer as well. Thanks in advance! Search @nicobi16 to check my tweet plz

Yeah, had these, too. All the bold letters (which I think form one of these diagonal codes used in the snake puzzle), the differences between the real locations and the once used in the videos and here. I was confused about the stuff on the left of the sodoku board. Especially “-OSOU”. Why 2 Os? It was also night for me and I was just randomly trying regular expressions. So somewhen I decided it’s time to call it a day. Looking forward to see all pieces fall together.

@thewanderingeditor - good luck with the boiler.

But the deadline was midnight tomorrow wasn’t it?

Yeah, now I see that… Shouldn’t have rushed with the answer :frowning:

The letter on the left helped you create the word asclepius (by taking them out from the hints hidden on each location, and ordering them thanks to the number in the sudoku). But I had no clue on what to do next…

Ah you were pretty close! The full solution write-up is now available as its own topic.

Thanks! I think I’ve got it sorted.

It looks like you were very close, especially with spotting the co-ordinate discrepancies. I’ve written up a full solution as its own topic.

Even though I´m a bit disappointed that I didn´t get to fully crack the code (got as far as asclepius from the Sudoku-puzzle), I have to say I´m impressed with how you set the challenge up and I wanna thank you for a very entertaining day (& night)! Hopefully, you will plan something similar in the near future :)

Thanks! I’m glad people have enjoyed it. Hopefully I can convince the boss to just let me do these all the time instead of my actual job!

1 Like