HOPR DAO v0.6 - READ THIS FIRST

Welcome to the sixth HOPR DAO experiment! This experiment will focus on bug bounties and will run until Monday 13th February. The proposals are already fixed, so there will only be two phases: discussion and vote. The phases will most run at the same time.

Proposals

There will be two proposals this time round, a primary proposal and a secondary proposal:

Primary Proposal: Should the HOPR DAO contribute to a bug bounty on the HOPR Season 6 Staking Contract, hosted on the Hats Finance platform?

Secondary Proposal: How much should the HOPR DAO contribute to the bug bounty on the HOPR Season 6 Staking Contract?

Schedule

This will be a relatively fast DAO experiment, with just two phases running mostly concurrently.

Phase 1: Discussion: Thursday February 9th - Monday February 13th
Phase 2: Vote: Friday February 10th - Monday February 13th

The proposals are already set, so there will be no referendum stage.

All phases begin and end at 2pm CET.

26 Likes

Questions:

1.Would this replace or enhance the existing bounty programm?

1. After season 6, it will be terminated? Or could it be continued in later seasons?
8 Likes

how many seasons will be?

2 Likes

good for hopr?

1 Like

i think the quotes are sensible and good for hopr development

2 Likes

great initiative, this will definitely contribute to make hopr protocole secure

1 Like

Good question. I also wonder what happens with the vault after the staking season 6 ends.

1 Like

Ah, I see. It’s going to be a kind of experiment and can be expanded later.

2 Likes

I agree, it will help the project

1 Like

Primary Proposal: yes

Secondary Proposal: 1000000 hopr

1 Like

agree

1 Like

This is necessary because of the long-term future of hopr

1 Like

Agree

1 Like

I think this is really beneficial to the long-term development of hopr, and safety issues should be put first.

2 Likes

A couple questions:

• Why choose Hats Finance in particular when there are other bug bounty platforms with a longer track record and a more active community (immunefi, sherlock) ?
  • What is the point of putting a bug bounty on a contract that’s already deployed?

Until these questions are clarified I would vote no to the primary proposal.

5 Likes

Im also interested in answers to similar questions.
Hats Finance is not tested and we want to throw funds there?
Is this the only project you plan to use?

I dont like how the DAO runs. Little time is allocated for discussions, are we in a hurry somewhere? No activity in discussions from the HOPR team and Hats Finance. The previous one was much better.

I will also not enter the majority and will vote against it for the time being.
Perhaps the discussions will liven up and clear up, and i will change my voice.

2 Likes

I feel a kind of the same that there is too little time for proper discussion here and not much information from both HOPR association and Hats Finance… Though, I understand also that Bug Bounty will be essential for the soon-to-be-deployed critical smart contract for the HOPR protocol when it’s live, which preferably offers a decentralised way of managing the bounty, and we’d better to be prepare for that as RPCh is soon to go live (as long as I understand).

Now, I’m not familiar with decentralised bug bounty platform, I would love to know other possible options would be (if anybody knows please!).
I personally trust HOPR association in this regard, and their decision to try with Hats Finance.

So, my stand point is that I support the proposal unless anybody comes up with a better proposal for bug bounty management.

3 Likes

We need more time to discuss.

Some important things:

-I never saw a staking contract hacked, is an easy smart contract.
-Usually audit a staking contract with a TIER1 audit company is about 50-80K $

• Perhaps the vault is fed excessively? need to use our resources in the most productive way , maybe 2M HOPR is too much money for lock only in this.

:sunglasses:

176 / 5.000

Resultados de traducción

Resultado de traducción

star_border

Yes it should, but isn’t 1 million a bit excessive? And more at this time. I am to do things more progressively but maybe a thousand is not that much, although it seems so to me. :sweat_smile: