Proposal: Support strong holders and node runners by HOPE hardware device free distribution!

Hi, guys and girls!

:warning: :warning: :warning:
NB! Please vote for this proposal again by click on heart (like) at the proposal page - PROPOSAL 10: Support strong holders and node runners through HOPR hardware device free distribution

Do no click only on heart at this page. Please go to official proposal page (link is above)! Otherwise we will lost your vote!
:warning: :warning: :warning:

TITLE

Support strong holders and node runners by HOPE hardware device free distribution!

DESCRIPTION

Actual data:

• We have some xDAI and HORP for Dao v0.2.
  • We have Hopr hardware node (actual price ~500USD).
  • We have HODLER NFT.
  • We have Hopr Stacking.

My proposal is to support strong holders and node runners. We must buy Hopr hardware node by our Dao v0.2 xDAI and give it for free.
If my proposal wins, we will have $170000 / 100% * 40% = $68000.
It will be at minimum 135 Hopr hardware devices for old supporters.

JUSTIFICATION

We populirise Hope hardware device.
We create many additional nodes. More node runners we will have, the stabil will be our Hopr network.
We support strong holders and node runners.

IMPLEMENTATION

We will create web form, where all hopr token holders (with HODLER NFT) can register itself with his wallet address.
After then we select TOP “N” (or smaller/bigger) ordered first by HODLER NFT (Diamond - 10%, Gold - 7.5%, Silver - 5%, Bronze - 2.5%) and, after then, by Hopr token count in Hopr stacking.
First “N” will receive Hopr hardware node for free!
And don’t worry, I think whales are not interested in node running and they will not fill this form.

BUDGET

If my proposal wins, we will have $170000 / 100% * 40% = $68000.
It will be at minimum 135 Hopr hardware devices for old supporters.
More money - more devices :)

31 Likes

In this section, we only discuss how to spend Dai. I think your proposal should be divided into 2 and placed in different sections.

1 Like

I can’t post here. The button Create Topis is disabled.

1 Like

Hi svd! Which category are you trying to post in?

To answer @Aleks point: this time round we’re keeping the HOPR proposals narrow and the DAI proposals broad, so it’s not possible for people to create new HOPR token proposals.

However, in cases where it makes sense to use both, I don’t think there is a shortage in the Association budget for HOPR tokens to supplement a good idea!

1 Like

The same problem - button is disabled.

I agree. If it is possible, then this is a good offer. Especially considering the offer from the association itself to attract part of Hopr to stimulate the purchase of Avado. I missed the last opportunity and would now purchase a similar device.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s correct behaviour. Only moderators and admins can create threads in those categories. To make this an official proposal, please retitle this thread so it has PROPOSAL in the title.

Official proposals can’t be edited, and they only need a few signatures to get through to the next stage, so in general we recommend waiting, discussing and refining.

2 Likes

I‘m an Avado node runner myself and think this is a good idea to achieve more decentralization, reward early supporters and hopefully really won’t be too attractive for whales :+1:

1 Like

I agree with you. An interesting subsidy for purchase of the device and real benefit for the project!

1 Like

ok lets try

1 Like

One thought i ran my first HOPR node during the last testnet which was relatively successful, so why do we need to spend the xDai tokens on HOPR nodes, when in reality you can run one or more nodes from any PC currently. Surely it would be better to reward node runners as part of the next testnet, just a thought as i have enough electronic boxes in my server room to need another one.

Not everyone has their own server room and a separate computer to run a node. The more node runners we will have, the stabil will be our Hopr network.

1 Like

Good idea! The more Avado nodes there will be, the better decentralization will be, since the nodes will run at home

1 Like

Which nodes are $500?? The Avado ones start at about $1000…

@nelchael Please check HOPR | Blockchain Data Protection and Privacy (push the button Order Now) and https://ava.do/checkout/hopr

1 Like

Thats so weird… Avado should really have a standalone page for that on their site… thank you for the link

1 Like

The first proposal isn’t clear to me. “We must buy Hopr hardware node by our Dao v0.2 xDAI and give it for free”. Could you elaborate. I run a node already. What does this mean for existing node runners ?

@HugoBro, if you have HOPR NFT for holding and HOPR tokens in stacking, you can pretended for free Hope hardware node. After then you can run your node on this device.

Oh okay. The funds should be used to get stakers free HOPR Nodes ?

Yes, the funds should be used to get free HOPE node device for potential node runners.

1 Like