Proposal: We do not need more than one DEX! Move all liquidity to Uniswap v3

Hi,

Token price also matters for the project with good technology. People will pay more attention to the project with steady growth in price token or at least when the price is not decreasing constantly and this is good for mass adoption of project’s technology eventually.

IMO, we must play in all fields and be the leader in all of them: technology, marketing, security, privacy.

Several days ago there was a complete mass insanity with SHIB tokens. This is a garbage ERC-20 token, which speculation raised a price for transaction in the Ethereum mainnet up to $250. Do you want to be dependent on such scenarios?

I’m personally not sure about the proposal that I would support, need to review forum topics, but definitely sure that we don’t need to only stick with Uniswap. At least just because this violates one of HOPR principles: decentralization.

You have other solution and thats xpollinate bridge with 1 click you can transfer example - DAI(bsc) → WXDAI(xdai) with really small fee you dont need to convert pegged tokens and etc…
Xpollinate is in development(beta phase) right now and in future can be very powerful bridge for transferring assets between L2 chains with small fee with one click. First do some research then say something about that omni-bridge have that system where you need to convert like 3/4 time pegged etc…with this bridge only “1” click.

1 Like

Good to know!

Putting all liquidity in uni v3 is not a good choice

At present, the gas fee for a transaction in uni v3 is about 35$ (gas price: 75). The gas price of 70 has been very low in the past few months. The high gas fee has inhibited the transaction and blocked many small investors.

1 Like

As lots of people has said, even if this could be the best solution, we should not leave everything to just one DEX. It doesn’t matter if we have a small transactions number nowadays in XDAI DEX. Many people are farming their tokens, others are just waiting to the big launch or waiting for the end of the farming phase. The numbers we can see now are not 100% accurate and this ETH fees will not help in the future to this hopr trading.

By the way, I see some of you saying that you are against this proposal but I’m not seeing your votes in others either.

We all should vote whatever we think it’s the best option, but do vote

1 Like

I like this proposal, meanwhile I wanted to add more potentials for this proposal -

1. As Uniswap and Sushiswap are accepting both LPs, some small farmers can actually leverage the lending function (Keshi), for a diversified experience and stronger advocate.
  2. BSC is good option, but I would point out that (personally) it is launched by a DEX with DPoS, I would embrace the more decentralized way for HOPR with absolutely free-market.

Thats interesting, thanks for sharing. This could be the best bridge method for hopr I’ve heard of if its all valid.

Totally agree with this proposal. We must restrain from providing liquidity to xdai for now. There are still a lot of tokens on xdai chain and their holders are waiting for liquidity to dump it.
We can discuss that liquidity move after hopr nodes will be run and holders will need wxhopr

1 Like

it’s really interesting.

What’s small? Are you making an exchange of $ 5 million in one transaction? Or what, what exactly is small?

Maybe we will distribute liquidity so that for security we do not keep everything in one basket. It will be more usable if people can buy tokens in different networks. Transactions in any network are more economically feasible than in Ethereum.

No, but if I want to changde, for example, 100k tokens - price impact will be big.

All Hopr token are in the Ethereum basket :) But we can use another Ethereum DEX.

It’s not worth it. No one buys in the another networks with existing bridge commission. Only for speculation - buy/sell. Existed example - xDai exchange - no one use it.

You are worried about yourself, not about expanding the project.

What nonsense. “If the Ethereum network is not suitable, use the Ethereum network” Did i understand correctly?
And no, not all tokens are on the Ethereum network. Perhaps all of yours. The network of nodes will work in xDai as long as the transaction price is high in Ethereum.

Please speak for yourself only. Everyone decides for himself which network to buy, our task is to provide an opportunity.

If someone buys tokens on another network, no transfer is required for hodl, tokens will not disappear. But if someone needs to make a transfer, then from any other network the transition to xDai will be cheaper than from Ethereum network.

Nothing to use, there is no liquidity. Why? Maybe because we didn’t provide liquidity, lol.

No, I worried only about token price manipulations. If you think that I’m wrong - please explain.

1. It’s not HOPR token. It’s xDAI wrapper of HORP token. To get original ERC20 HOPR token you must use the network bridge.
  2. xDai is only temporary solution. No one knows what network will be in production.
  1. It’s my proposal. If you disagree with them - you can vote for another proposal.
  2. It’s are exchange stats. You can open statistics and see how many people use xDai DEX for hope tokens.

Please (6) from my proposal. HOPR network need HOPR tokens to working (stacking, usage). If you are plan to hodl for speculation - it’s your choose.

Users can provide liquidity too. For example, you. If you plan use only HORP DAO liquidity - it’s big a mistake. You need users liquidity too.

P.s. And getting personal is not very nice. You can create your own proposal and voted for them. I see, that many people agree with me.

Please read (6) from your proposal. Find out on your own whether the technology or the price bothers you.

Do you think that Staking will not be launched on the xDai network, but will be launched on Ethereum? If you don’t know and tokens do not work in staking, and if maybe in another, then why are you telling me that i need to transfer to the Ethereum network?

1. I don’t like the logic of the arguments, but not the proposal itself.
  2. Again, they don’t buy because there is no liquidity. Do you know why it is impossible to drink from an empty glass? Because it’s empty.

Maybe i want to buy tokens cheaper and when the steakin starts, transfer them to xDai without using the Etherum network. Your proposal leaves me no chance to save money on transactions fees. Оr maybe not only me? Do you think that everyone wants to operate with tokens only in Ethereum?

We decide how to distribute the DAO liquidity, not mine. I’ll deal with mine, thanks for the tip.

Such a decision would be a mistake in the development step of the project, because i do not see any benefit in it. Acceptance of this decision for me will mean that we cannot cope with one single task - “DEX Liquidity Distribution”.

Proposals that i like have already been submitted by others. I will definitely vote.

P.P.S. Relax and don’t take it personally.

There are so many valid points here. I like how you stated that HOPR us a technology’s project not a trading one but we still need more diversity to our market. I do support integrating into BSC even if its with a small allocation.

1 Like

I do believe we should get into a cheaper chain. BSC is a good option.

2 Likes

Price manipulation is not classic trading.

I don’t know. I will wait for official announcement. ETH 2.0 will be good for this. xDai network is not so popular - I think it is not the best idea to launch production on it.

?? You need tokens to get node rewards. More tokens => more rewards.

Ok :+1:

There is no liquidity, because users don’t use this network and don’t want add liquidity. If you think, that DAO tokens liquidity will enough - it’s not. For example, there are many testers, who don’t want paid for the bridge - they will sell momentaly theirs tokens when DAO liquidity will be added and we can lost it.

Maybe, but I think most of users use use SPOT exchange for that. It’s simple and cheaper. We need a cost-effective solution. Create DEX in another network for 1-2% of total volume - it is not the best idea.
HOPR price today, HOPR to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap - gate + mxm trading volume is bigger then all others DEX exchanges. We need normal SPOT exchanges (Tier1 or Tier2) for normal comission.

:+1:

Hi svd. But honeyswap already has xhopr/xdai pool, is it a big problem to add some liqidity there?

Hi!

1. Proposal: We do not need more than one DEX! Move all liquidity to Uniswap v3 - #89 by VIPgogen
  2. For what? :)

Perhaps this is the most radical proposal of all that I have seen on this forum and of course it makes sense.

However, I still believe that the presence on other blockchains will allow us to attract new users and facilitate the process of buying and selling HOPR.

Just a small example:

Today, during the market correction, I decided not to miss the opportunity and buy some more HOPR. I used Uniswap and at the time of the transaction, ethereum gas price was 60-70 gwei. A few minutes later this value reached 100, and within a few hours 500. My purchase transaction has not yet been completed.

If HOPR had liquidity on Pancake Swap (Binance Smart Chain) then me and other users (especially with a small deposit) would be able to avoid such unpleasant moments.

2 Likes