Secondary Proposal - How much should the HOPR DAO contribute to a Hats vault?

I think one million is a big enough amount to be safe, especially when the price of the coin reaches $1)

1 Like

I consider that the decision to invest in the bug bounty program on hats.finance is one of the best suggestions. We need to have this kind of incentive to solve important problems, for this we need interest, in the form of financing.

What is the most optimal amount of funds?

I think itā€™s worth starting with 1m HOPR. After that, increase the volume by 1m HOPR every quarter. According to the results of 2023, it is possible to analyze the effectiveness of the project. If the result is positive, and we see the effect, then this program can be extended for the next year, with a revision of the amount of funding.

3 Likes

1 Like

1Million

1 Like

democracy won. I voted thinking it was too much

2 Likes

Shouldnā€™t there be some kind of a breakdown for the bounties based on the importance of the bug?

Eg -
1)Efficiency improvement solution
2) Intermediate risk bug
3) Critical bug
etc

6 Likes

Iā€™d say - keep it simple - 5-10% from DAO funds. With possibility of top up if all funds will be used

1 Like

start with a small budget and increase it gradually based on results/outcomes

2 Likes

If it is ok, can 2M Hopr to support our smart contract.

1 Like

1000000 sounds good.

1 Like

1000000 sounds good,pls

1 Like

1 Like

It seems to me that the total vault size would impact how well you can attract white hat hackers. Hats.finance - decentralized cybersecurity bug bounty protocol
Considering that the other (top 4) vaults have the size of over 200k$, it would be reasonable to have the comparable size of vault to really motivate white hat hackers.

To make the vault >200k$, we would need additional 2.5m $HOPR on top of the 1m $HOPR from HOPR associationā€¦ which I feel a little too risky as possibility of a vulnerability in the platform smart contract itself canā€™t be denied.
Probably the good balance for now is like most of the DAO member suggested in the poll, 1m $HOPR.

5 Likes

I think 500,000 Hopr is enough, because currently the market is falling, Hopr price has almost bottomed, 1,500,000 Hopr is about 90,000usd which is not a small number, in the future to develop we need a lot of support. further cooperation, use your money wisely

1 Like

I see that 1M is very much supported by everyone, this money will help the project.

1 Like

I think 1 million tokens is enough reward

1 Like

I like this proposal about stimulating the community to solve important issues regarding the search for problems, this is what we need for effective work. I think itā€™s worth allocating a budget a little more than the initial offer, for example 1.5-2.0m HOPR.

It is necessary to make a clear gradation of awards from the level of complexity of the problem being solved. The amount of funding should be reviewed after 6 months in order to understand the effectiveness of the project.

2 Likes

I think 1M Hopr is nice.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good question.
It seems to me that we are now discussing the amount of funding for this program. After that, the distribution will appear. I would suggest to bring the gradation of awards to the discussion of the DAO before taking them into work.

4 Likes

I think safety requires long-term sustainable high investment.

2 Likes