Week 3 Submission Thread (Puzzle #4)

This is the submission thread for week three of the HOPR Hunt. It covers Puzzle #4.

• The most important thing is to minimize the amount of time Kanza spends travelling once the route is complete.

• Next, minimize the total length of the route. Each district is 1 unit square, and relay points are at the centre of each square. Assume Kanza travels in a straight direct line between relay points.

• Finally, it’s important to follow all of Central’s rules.

To enter, complete the puzzle (use this link to play online) by filling the grid with relay points from 1-64. To set a relay point in the linked software, make sure “Number” mode is selected, click a square, and then type a number. You can also increase the size of the grid using “Resize” at the top. You can read the full rules by pressing “Show rules”.

Once you’re finished, to prevent copying, submit the following information:

1. The total length of your path, in units.
  2. The distance from the start square to the end square, in units.
  3. Send a screenshot of your solution as a private message to @thewanderingeditor. Please don’t submit a screenshot in the thread.

Good luck!

The first person to submit the correct solution code will win a Gold Puzzle Solver NFT. The next nine correct answers will receive a Bronze NFT. You can only submit an answer once every two hours. Answers will not be marked until 48hrs have passed.

NFTs are limited to one per rank per forum member (so if you already won a gold NFT, you can’t win another. If you won a bronze you can win a gold, but not a second bronze.)

But do keep playing even if you won in previous weeks - solving puzzles will help you in the hunt for the Treasure and the Map Piece NFTs.

If you’d like to discuss this week’s puzzles or the Hunt in general, feel free to use the dedicated discussion category.

1 Like
  1. Path length 57 + 6sqrt2 units
  2. Distance from the start to end: 1

Answer:

1. Path length 58 + 6sqrt2 units

1.The total path length = 60 units + 3sqrt2 units (approx. 64.2426… units

1. The total distance from start square to end square = sqrt2 unts (approx. 1.4142…units)

1.The total path length + 60 units + 2sqrt2 units (62.8284 Units)
2.The total distance from start square to end square = 1 unit

made error earlier

1.The total path length + 61 units + 2sqrt2 units (63.8284 Units)

I’m tentatively marking this as the solution. A few people claim to have done better, but haven’t sent a valid screenshot. I’ll give people another 48hrs to convince me I’m wrong, but I think this is correct :slight_smile:

Remember, you MUST submit a screenshot of your path to me (@thewanderingeditor) as a private message to win. Simply stating the optimal path length(s) is not enough.