Hi guys. The vote phase was due to begin at 2pm CEST on Thursday 31st on our official Snapshot Space at Snapshot.
Unfortunately we’ve run into a technical issue with Snapshot (yes, this seems to happen regularly, this is one of the low hanging fruit to fix with Lexicon)
In light of this, and because there were some delays due to sickness earlier in the discussion phase, which is still producing great insights, the new schedule will be:
- Vote opens: Monday 4th September 2pm CEST
- Vote closes: Sunday 10th September 2pm CEST
In brief, everything worked fine when I tested last weekend, but for some reason Snapshot now can’t query one of our subgraphs, which means it doesn’t correctly count people’s staked HOPR. There’s a dummy proposal currently running if you would like to help test.
Proposals will be grouped as they currently are in the various subcategories. So, there will be 13 proposals in all:
- The primary proposal
- Three proposals for the parameters for different proposal types (on-chain, off-chain, meta)*
- A proposal for participation thresholds*
- A proposal for vote power calculation*
- A proposal about defining active participation*
- A proposal on the emergency process
- A proposal about starting in guardrail mode
- Three proposals related to the new Lexicon governance platform (registration, funding, and an accounting question)
All proposals will be Yes / No options. If the primary proposal fails, the secondary proposals will automatically fail, regardless of support. If a proposal about parameters fails, on Monday 11th we will immediately start a new, shorter governance round to set alternate parameters. (I feel this two-stage approach is better than just canvassing for arbitrary numbers to fill out the choices.)