Secondary Proposal - How much should the HOPR DAO contribute to a Hats vault?

1,000,000 should be provided by the DAO to match the HOPR Association in my honest opinion, if the primary vote gets agreed. If a lower amount is agreed that the DAO should match that lower figure.

1 Like

I agree we need to give the white hackers a good reward to stand out from the crowd as they will work from the most rewards to the lowest in order, or that’s how I would do it, unless you could see a vulnerability straight away.

2 Likes

Where can i see information on how much total funds are controlled by the DAO? Where and how much was previously sent. Is there an infographic or page?

4 Likes

Indeed it would be helpful to have a better idea about the situation of the DAO funds.

I understand that the amount of this proposal is to be taken from the HOPR/DAI LP on Uniswap (current TVL $6.84m) where majority of the DAO’s funds sit. (Please correct me if not)

Last two DAO experiments (v0.4 and v0.5), DAO decided to transfer some portions of the funds (HOPR/DAI LP on Uniswap) to HOPR/ETH LP on Uniswap ($250,000), HOPR/xDAI LP on Swapr (Gnosis Chain, $500,000), HOPR/xDAI LP on Uniswap (Gnosis Chain, $250,000), and the trials for the liquidity managements (Arrakis Finance and Gamma Strategies, $300,000 each)

However, I am not sure how far the actions are already taken. I can see that the portion of the funds have been transferred to HOPR/ETH LP on Uniswap and HOPR/xDAI LP on Swapr, but not sure if the allocated portions for Uniswap on Gnosis Chain and the liquidity managements (Arrakis and Gamma) have already been taken from the funds (HOPR/DAI LP on Uniswap) or still to be taken from the current TVL $6.84m.

2 Likes

We should not show excessive trust in third-party services. It will be very ironic to lose tokens due to the hacking of Hats Finance. Someone gets hacked every day. Maybe I’m not familiar enough with Hats Finance, but in my opinion, no one is immune from hacking right now, especially new small projects. It is better to distribute insurance across different projects in small amounts

2 Likes

1 M hopr is reasonable in my opinion.

1 Like

At Hopr’s current market value, 1,000,000 is probably a modest amount for a Hats vault, but I still vote for this option.

Why 250 thousand is an option on the forum, why is it not an option in the voting?

1 Like

It’s old of course that there is no choice of 250 thousand on the snapshot. I would choose it. I think you can start with this amount, it’s about 100k in dollars. Which is not bad at all. In general, I support the initiative to reward the search for errors.

2 Likes

3 m

Considering my findings regarding Hats.finance’s community engagement, governance system and security, I suggested adding only 0.5M HOPR tokens to minimize risks and ensure a solid investment strategy.
Taking into account potential future growth of the HOPR token, I recommended limiting the investment to prevent any unnecessary costs for the HOPR Association.

1M is good number

@thewanderingeditor can you give any updates on @satopin 's message on the status of the DAO funds?

@Joel-Staked.vc makes a valid point of weighing the reward system based on the amount that could be drained. It’d also be interesting to compare the reward to other project’s reward thresholds.

500K to start looks good, with an option to add more as time progresses or the value of the token changes to maintain a worthwhile prize.

1 Like

I really like the idea of 1 mil to start, we can always add more later on I would think. Lets start off with a reasonable amount and add on as we see success.

Starting with a larger contribution to the Hats bug bounty vault shows a strong commitment to the security of the HOPR staking program and acknowledges the fact that the risks associated with potential security vulnerabilities are too significant to skimp on, and therefore, every effort should be made to reduce these risks by providing a substantial reward for finding and fixing vulnerabilities.

Hi, 1M sound very good!

Responding to my own post after reading the update posted by Arrakis, the DAO’s fund transfer is on hold while Arrakis corrects and evaluates their obligations following the discovery of an exploit.

1m is good

I support this proposal

with 250K plus 1M , is a good amount